The Polo Calendar site:
was created (4-8-02) to address the need for an alternative to hunting
down schedules from the many individual club sites. By no means does this site
intend or attempt to replace the posting of individual schedules found on
individual sites, instead it provides a cross cut of information to help the
traveler or professional with planning and opportunities.
Polo Calendar has
been setup to allow for distributed maintenance, this means adding events
is welcomed and encouraged by the polo public.
This page should provide
individuals with the information necessary to understand how this calendar
works. If there is a part you feel needs clarification or more detail
please e-mail to email@example.com with
details of the request.
The standard disclaimers apply: this is an open
internet calendar, confirmation and verification of any posted or implied
event is a necessity, no host, contributor or service provider shall be
held accountable for this content.
- Linking in your site, there are a variety of servers hosting Polo Calendar.
Notice it doesn't work to build your link from the location you are viewing
the calendar from. Here are a few:
- Standard abbreviations, these are provide to minimize the calendar text.
Please try to use these when posting.
- PC = Polo Club
- RPG = Regular Practice Games
- e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with new ones
and they will be posted.
- Colors: Try not to match colors of another event on the same day, this is
of mutual benifit to since different colors make the different events stand out.
- Adding to the Calendar: Polo Calendar encourages a policy of distributed
maintenance, i.e. polo calendar readily distributes authorization for polo
event adding, just e-mail to: email@example.com
To keep things in order it would work best if each request were made directly to
firstname.lastname@example.org, i.e. please don't post or
distribute the access yourselves.
- Corrections, Changes, Editing and Deleting: To distribute the burden of
maintaining alterations to the Polo Calendar this authorization is provided
to a number of "centers", those who wish to be listed are listed below. A little
more care is taken in passing out this access, your patience is appreciated.
- Basic instructions (full details are at
www.calendars.net. These are just the basics you'd
need for simple posting.
- Click the date of the calendar to add an event to that day.
- Now is when you can select the events to be "periodic" (regular repeating).
- Select the "Create" link, this brings up a "Create a New Calendar Entry" form.
- In the "Calendar Text" put a very brief event title and where the event is,
for example "Lakeside PC, Admiral's Cup"
- In the "Pop up text or URL link" you can add a detailed description of your
event. By url link, they mean if you just enter your sites url
(with no returns or spaces, e.g. http://lakesidepolo.tripod.com) the result
will be a hot link on that event.
- The last necessary item is to "Color Select" do this by clicking the "color select"
button and selecting a color different from other events on that date. Note you can
change both the background and the text colors (if these are the same your notice will
- Very often, especially if working behind a fire wall there a
message like "Server Error" pops up. Normally simply a click on the reload
button fixes it. Regardless, some degree of patience and persistance is
necessary to work with this system, like any other.
- more later....