This is web site provides information about the Lakeside Polo Club, including events,
directions and photos.
Bulletin Board |
Directions to & location of the Lakeside Polo Club & Game Times & Field Conditions
Lakeside Polo Club contacts
Note that during high traffic periods these bulletin boards can be slow
and hang, if you don't pick it up right away please try again later.
Lakeside Polo Club bulletin board
- October 22, 2000, New game time on Sundays 2:00pm
- October 12-15, 2000, Polo America Expo 2000, The Aladdin Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Tuesday September 26th Tuesdays,
- Tuesday September 19th Tuesdays,
The San Diego Polo Club - Arena is having informal, poorly planned,
polo parties down at the arena
during chukkers (7pm). Some of the pros (Henderson, Goodspeed, Bray, Von
Wernich, Galindo) have agreed to play and help put on a show, as the
back drop to fine dining, (hot dogs). The concept is to mix students
and members, and to trade old stories about our roots, the arena. There
will be bar service and a roaring fire. Bring your sense of humor, your
stories, and a can of deep woods off.
- Sunday September 17th Poway Rodeo Trail Ride:
- Monday September 4th, San Diego Polo Club: Tom Goodspeed & San Diego Polo is hosting a meeting Labor Day
Mon. 9/4 at 12 noon to discuss any and all items affecting Arena Polo
- Sunday September 3rd (Poway) & Monday September 4th (San Diego) Tournaments:
- Photos from Lakeside's PeeWee Game II (7/30):
Paired and on the line.
Miguel taking care of his bro.
Redefining the line.
Zack breaks through the open door
- Saturday July 29th, Jocelyn's house in Jamul beginning at 4:30 - 5:00 p.m. Everyone needs to wear a tacky Hawaiian
shirt! I have posted the flyer on the chukkar board in Lakeside and will be giving Russ flyers for the Poway players. Kids are welcome to
come along with their families.
- Photos from Lakeside's PeeWee Game I (7/16):
Franky breaking away
Wyatt taking Memo's advice - tap-tap-tap
"you mean all of us against Franky's dad?"
- Sunday, July 16, 2000,
We will begin Pee Wee polo at the Lakeside Polo Club field on SUNDAY, JULY 16. The start time will be 3:30
p.m. - kids on the field!! Jocelyn has purchased two plastic big balls for the kids to hit at. If they can ride on their own -
O.K., if they need a lead line to help them - O.K.
Let's try if the first time and make changes as needed. So far these kids are a go: Streeter, Dylan, Wyatt, Zack
Sheldon, Frankie's 2 boys are interested also.
- Sunday, Poway is hosting a July 2 Polo tourament - let Russ know if you are playing & how many chukkars
- Saturday, July 1st. we will be hosting the first day of the Independence Day Weekend Polo Matches. We
should try to start by 9:30 AM
Chukker fee will be $20 for the day. Lakeside Polo Club members included.
- Satruday May 27th, Lakeside Fun Tournament
game is now (5/26) at POWAY
Team Prizes, refreshments,hot dogs and hamburgers under the Peper Tree after Play.
Fee: probably $20 for the day.
- Saturday, May 20th. Saturday, Welcome Club of Escondido Polo Tournamet
Team prizes and refreshments under the Pepper Tree after the match, bring your own Picnic Lunch if you wish.
Fee: TBA , Probably $20.
The Welcome Club is a group that Suellen and I belong to in Escondido and they've heard me talk so much about the
ranch and our polo that I invited them to come out and watch us play and to bring their picnic baskets with them.
We'll have to explain about polo to them before the play starts so that they know what's going on and perhaps
someone will sit with them to announce the play.
- Saturday April 29th, Irene's Birthday Tourney
Team prizes and Margaritas, Fajitas, etc. served after play.
Fee: $20 for the afternoon.
Call Christina to tell her how many Chukkers you'ld like to play.
- April 16th, Virginia, Poway vs El Dorado, Interscholastic Finals
- Poway tournament March 19th pvra.tripod.com
- Western Regional Interscholastic Tournament (Santa Barbara) (updated Feb.09.00, photos!)
- 1999/2000 Interscholastic/Intercollegiate Schedule
- Spates Clinic Jan 22, 2000 (archived with reviews & photos)
- Summer 2000 U.S. Pony Club News Danika's article (240K big file, may take a while to download)
Commercial and political links of some relation
For more information contact email@example.com
11. 00-10-16 add "photos"
10. 00-07-14 add "publications"
9. 00-03-29 add "what is polo" & memorials
8. 00-03-17 add the "off-the-field" area
7. 00-02-11 correcte the Santa Barbara Polo Club link
6. 00-02-09 add photos to western regionals
5. 00-01-28 add interschol/coll schedule
4. 00-01-26 add game times to directions page
3. 00-01-25 add magazine links
2. 00-01-24 update directions map
1. 00-01-23 update Western Interscholastic info (New Mexico out)
0. 00-01-22 bulletin board added