Directions to the Lakeside Polo Club & Game Times
The Lakeside Polo Club is located in the
El Monte valley about 2 miles east of the town
Lakeside which is about 15 miles east of San Diego, California, USA.
It is not visible from any roads hence difficult to find for the first time,
even if you live in Lakeside.
Game times are typically Saturday Morning and Sunday Afternoon,
the exact time varies with the season and daylight savings time changes.
In the very rare case of rain (Lakeside gets less than 10 inches per year)
the games are canceled to preserve the grass field. When predictable
a weather forcast is provide below for the Lakeside Polo field.
For specific game times or conditions try asking on the bulletin board:
Note that these are the times we would like to throw the ball in, please
compensate for your tacking time and field check time.
- There are two international airports within 30 miles:
- Lindbergh Field, San Diego, USA
- Tijuana Internationale, Tijuana, Mexico
- There are three Municiple Airports within 15 miles:
- Gillespie Field, El Cajon
- Ramona Airport, Ramona
- Montgomery Airport, San Diego
The primary North-South freeway (in San Diego) is Highway 5,
The primary East-West freeway is Highway 8, they cross close
to downtown San Diego, these directions begin from this point.
- While traveling East on Hwy 8 you'll pass through:
- Mission Valley (crossing over Hwy 163 N-S)
- Qualcomm Statium (crossing under) Hwy 805 N-S
- (under Hwy 15 N-S)
- San Diego State University (under College Ave)
- Grossmont Center (under Hwy 125 N-S)
- You will then enter the El Cajon Valley.
- Prepare to transfer from Hwy 8 to North bound Hwy 67.
- While North bound on Hwy 67 you'll pass:
- under Bradley Ave.
- Gillespie Field to your left (west)
- under Prospect Ave.
- over Riverford Rd. as you enter Lakeside
- under WinterGardens
- the freeway then ends at the Mapleview traffic light.
- Make a right turn onto Mapleview (east bound).
- You'll pass the Lakeside Rodeo Grounds
- turn left onto Ashwood (north bound)
- you'll pass the El Capitan
High School on your left as you crest a hill.
- While descending the hill prepare to turn right, off the road, after a blind corner.
- To your left you'll notice the Cactus Park BMX track before turning off.
- After turning off you'll face two gates. Take the gravel drive way to you left,
(the pipe corral gates).
- After about 300m of gravel you'll see the polo field, bear to your left,
park trailers by the trailers and park cars by the cars.
Notice the street map below is not to scale nor are the streets straight,
the map intend to show the relative sequence of land marks and street names.
Satellite Map version by Scott Boggess
Accomidations - human